You can make a much larger contribution to pancreatic cancer research than you ever thought possible by donating your life insurance policy. This type of gift may be beneficial to you because:
• A life insurance policy is no longer needed for family protection.
• A corresponding charitable deduction is available to the estate.
• Gifting a policy can also yield a current income tax deduction of the policy’s fair market value.
What to do next:
• Contact your life insurance company to request a change-of-beneficiary form or alert the insurance company of your intent to gift the policy to the Foundation.
• Name The Lustgarten Foundation as a beneficiary of all or a percentage of the policy’s value.
• Return the updated form to your insurance company.
• Contact our office for information and to notify us of your intentions.