Savings Account/Certificate of Deposit
A savings account or certificate of deposit can provide immediate support to the Foundation after your lifetime, if you name the Foundation as joint owner with rights of survivorship. The advantages are:
• Avoids delays or unnecessary expenses.
• Allows you to maintain control of the assets throughout your lifetime.
• The gift amount is deductible from your taxable estate.
What to do next:
• Contact your financial institution for the forms needed to change the ownership of your account or certificate of deposit and return the updated form to your financial institution.
• Name The Lustgarten Foundation as a beneficiary of all or a percentage of the account’s value.
• Contact our office to notify us of your intention.