Welcome Back, Lustgarten Team! We’ve Missed You!
We have reviewed the NY state office-based work and CDC guidelines for returning to work and have taken care to institute all precautions necessary to create a safe work environment. It is important that everyone closely follow all necessary precautions put in place. These precautions will be displayed on posters around the office. The safety of our employees is our top priority.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Hand Washing: Washing your hands is easy, and it is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another and throughout an entire community.
- Heavy electrostatic spray disinfecting was performed on June 9th before essential workers returned to the office.
- Electrostatic spray is electrically charged, allowing the appropriate sanitizers, mold preventatives and disinfectants to wrap around and evenly coat all types of surfaces for a more complete clean. As the chemical exits the electrostatic sprayer, it’s given a positive electrical charge. The droplets then become attracted to all negative surfaces, covering the visible area, underside and backside, with the sanitizing agent. Surfaces that are already covered will repel the spray, making the method extremely efficient.
- Disinfecting touch zones and general cleaning will be performed five times per week.
- When all staff members return, it may be necessary for cleaners to come mid-day to clean common areas, the kitchen and bathrooms and at night to do a full cleaning, including high-touch areas.
- Purell Healthy Soap Clean Release Technology has been installed in each restroom and in the kitchen area.
- New formulations remove more than 99% of dirt and germs without an antibacterial; are free of harsh preservatives; are 90% biobased; and rinse faster to save water.
- GClean Foaming Hand Sanitizer with Moisturizer has been installed in the lobby, kitchen area, copier area and at the back of the office.
- Kills 99.9% of illness-causing germs
- Lasts longer by using encapsulated alcohol technology to provide germ-killing power long after the initial application
- Contains essential oils like tea tree and coconut oil to moisturize and keep hands from becoming dry and cracked
- Cleaning supplies will be available, and employees are encouraged to clean and disinfect work spaces throughout the workday and after use of common equipment.
- Each employee will have hand sanitizer and Lysol disinfecting wipes. Please clean your work area as needed.
- Lysol wipes and gloves will be available in common areas (kitchen, copier, scanner, restrooms) so that each employee can clean after use.
- Sharing of food and beverages is prohibited.
- Please bring in your own plastic utensils.
- The refrigerator, coffee maker, water filter and microwave can still be used. Please clean after use with disinfecting wipes.
- If you are feeling ill—even if you have a common cold—please stay home.
- A distance of at least 6 ft. must always be maintained among all individuals unless the core activity requires a shorter distance.
- Anytime workers or visitors must come within 6 ft. of another person, acceptable face coverings must be worn (ensuring that mouth and nose are both covered). Individuals must be prepared to wear a face covering if another person unexpectedly comes within 6 ft.
- The use of tightly confined spaces by more than one individual at a time unless all individuals are wearing face coverings is prohibited.
- Only one person at a time is permitted in the restroom, storage room and kitchen.
- The conference room can be used by 3 people maximum spread out by 6 ft.
- Limit in-person gatherings as much as possible and use teleconferencing or video conferencing whenever possible.
- Continue to use Zoom meetings for internal and external meetings.
- If an in-person meeting in a staff member’s office is absolutely necessary, every meeting attendee must wear an acceptable face covering.
- Shared workstations must be cleaned and disinfected between users.
- Everyone now has his/her own printer, limiting the need to use the copier. Only use the copier for large jobs, color, or oversized documents.
- The check scanner will be limited to either Jody or Jerry.
- The mail machine will be limited to Jerry.
- Please respect everyone’s personal space. Do not reach over into a cube to obtain office supplies, pick up the phone or use the buzzer for the door.
- All non-essential travel will be limited and must be approved by your supervisor.
- Cubicles will be built up giving each cubicle a more protective barrier.
Air Circulation Improvements
- MERV 13 Air Filters Installed: Trap and block 98% of airborne particles
- This pleated filter utilizes an electrostatic charge to remove very fine particles from the air, as well as potential allergens like mold and bacteria—even particles that carry viruses. The MERV 13 filter works up to 30 times more effectively and lasts 3 times longer than ordinary fiberglass filters. Also, this filter does not allow mold, fungus, or mildew to grow.
- REME HALO System Installed
- Integrated with existing HVAC system
- Dual ionizers to reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores)
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
- Reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach 3 ft.
- New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces.
- Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the REME HALO provides whole building purification.
- Learn more about the REME HALO System.
- Employees will be provided with masks; however, you may choose to wear your own face covering based on your preference.
- The face covering should cover the mouth and nose.
- The face covering should be properly discarded.
- Employees do not need to wear face coverings when they are sitting in their office with the door closed but may choose to wear one based on their preference.
- Employees are encouraged to wear face coverings when sitting in their cube.
- Employees must wear face coverings when walking around the office, including walking to the restroom, copier, or supply room; answering the door; and walking in the lobby of the 415 building.
- Gloves will be provided.
- When in contact with shared objects or frequently touched areas, wear gloves and/or wash hands before and after contact.
Employee Health Screening
We will be using MSG’s online employee health screening which you will complete every morning before leaving for the office. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you must quarantine for fourteen days.
These are the questions that will be on the form:
- Do you currently have a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher?
- Do you have a cough or shortness of breath that began within the last 14 days?
- In the past 14 days, have you gotten a positive result from a COVID-19 test that tested saliva or used a nose or throat swab? (not a blood test)
- In the past 14 days, were you notified by your medical provider or the NYC Test and Trace team to remain home because of COVID-19?
If a worker or visitor was in close contact with others at the office location and tests positive for COVID-19, the employer must immediately notify state and local health departments and cooperate with contact tracing efforts, including notification of potential contacts such as workers and visitors who had close contact with the individual, while maintaining confidentiality required by state and federal law and regulations
We look forward to welcoming our staff back to the office in the safest way possible. If you have any questions or concerns, or want more information about anything outlined in this re-opening plan, please reach out to Kerri, Cathy, or your supervisor.