Fundraising on Instagram
Owned by Facebook, Instagram provides similar benefits when it comes to raising funds within your network. Driven primarily by visuals, the imagery you select will be important for catching attention.
Tips for Fundraising Success
- High quality visuals – Whether you use photos, video, or a combination of both, make sure they are clear, easy to distinguish and high resolution. What you decide to show is up to you. Some ideas you might consider: photos of yourself, of loved ones, nature shots or abstract art. People love babies and pets, too! Just make sure to connect the dots between the images you’re showing and the message you want to deliver.
- Heartfelt caption – Write a compelling message explaining why you are raising funds for the Lustgarten Foundation and why pancreatic cancer research is important to you.
- Hashtags – Look for commonly used, relevant hashtags and also create some of your own. Use them consistently for all of your posts. The Lustgarten Foundation recommends: #PancreaticCancer #PancreaticCancerResearch #ResearchIsFundamental and #CommunityIsPower.
- Include a link – Make as many posts as you like and make sure to include the link to your fundraiser in your bio. That is the only place to include a clickable link. In captions of each of your posts, remind viewers to access the link in your bio.
- Stories – Don’t forget to use Instagram Stories to engage your audience on another popular part of the platform. Videos are limited to :15 seconds and there are lots of creative features you can use to make your story stand out. Tag us @LustgartenFDN and we may repost your story.
Tag your friends – Consider tagging your friends in the photos or the caption to help your message go further.
- Want to end pancreatic cancer? I’m raising funds and awareness for pancreatic cancer research by participating in the @LustgartenFDN [CITY] Walk for Research. I chose Lustgarten because 100% of donations fund cutting-edge research to transform pancreatic cancer into a curable disease. Donate now to help me reach my goal! Link in my bio.
- Pancreatic cancer is a scary diagnosis and patients and their families often feel alone. But @LustgartenFDN believes #CommunityIsPower, which is why I’m participating in the [CITY] Walk for Research on Day, Date. Join me by registering or donating to my team. I walk for [NAME} and all the people affected by pancreatic cancer. Donate now! Link in bio.
- I’m raising funds for @LustgartenFDN to help transform pancreatic cancer into a curable disease. You can help: register to join my team; donate; share my post to raise awareness. 100% of donations fund pancreatic cancer research!