Fundraising on LinkedIn
Sharing your fundraising efforts with your professional network on LinkedIn enables a different audience to see your message. It also presents opportunities beyond personal donations, like corporate matching and sponsorships.
According to Sprout Social, the best times to post on LinkedIn are Wednesdays from 8-10 am and noon; and Thursdays at 9 am or between 1-2 pm. Avoid posting to the platform on Sundays.
Tips for Fundraising Success
- Ask for shares – Write a straightforward post about your fundraising effort with the link provided. In the post itself—or as a response to any comments people make—ask if they would consider sharing to help amplify your message.
- Visual element – As with other social media platforms, your post will get the most engagement with a photo or video component.
- Articles – While your post should be succinct, you can supplement it by authoring a LinkedIn article. There, you can go into detail about your passion for the cause, pancreatic cancer statistics and whatever else you want your audience to know.
- Leave comments – Your post or article isn’t the only place where you can share about your fundraiser. Find posts on related topics and share about your fundraising in the comments. It’s a way to connect with others and find additional leverage on the platform.
- Research is Fundamental in the fight against pancreatic cancer. That’s why I’m supporting @the-lustgarten-foundation by raising funds & awareness of this deadly disease. Please join me for [virtual game night/talent show/happy hour/online class]. 100% of every donation goes directly to pancreatic cancer research. #CommunityIsPower #pancreaticcancer
- Join me in the @the-lustgarten-foundation. As the world’s largest private funder of pancreatic cancer research, the Lustgarten Foundation and pancreatic cancer patients need our support now more than ever. You can make a difference by joining my walk team or donating to my fundraising campaign. Despite being a relatively rare disease, pancreatic cancer is the third-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the US. #ResearchIsFundamental #CommunityIsPower #pancreaticcancer