Lustgarten-Funded Cancer Research Papers
Publishing researchers is a critical part of the research process. This process includes the following steps:
- Scientists produce data in the laboratory to prove their idea
- Scientists summarize their findings in a manuscript and send it to a scientific journal
- The manuscript is judged by the reviewers, who are other scientists working in the same field/topic
- Reviewers can ask for further clarifications about the research (e.g. more experiments, more details, etc.)
- Once the reviewers approve, the manuscript is published in the journal and available for the scientific community
Publishing research is critically important as it fosters cooperation and is the only way to find solutions to the incredibly complex challenges associated with pancreatic cancer. It also starts a dialogue with fellow researchers. Since our inception, Lustgarten-funded researchers have published thousands of papers in leading scientific journals.